Everyone knows their age very well. However do you know your smartphone’s age? Phones like iPhones will last longer than you think. In public places and such, you can see people utilizing older models like iPhone SE, 6, and 7. These models were published in 2016 and even before that. Any iPhone model can run properly for at least 5 years. If you’re in the market for a new phone and want to know how much your old one is worth. Or, to put this another way, if you want to know when I purchased my phone or how long I’ve had it, you need to know its age. Since it’s too old, chances of finding its box or bill may not help you. Let’s see how easy it is to find out How Old is My iPhone has become.
How Old is My iPhone – 3 Easy Methods to Find Out!
In this article, you can know about How Old is My iPhone here are the details below;
Methods to Find How Old is Your iPhone
- Using Apple’s Check Coverage
- Using the Apple Support App
- Using Chipmunk Klantenservice
You’ll need your iPhone’s serial number to do this.
How to Find the Serial number of your iPhone
Readily find your serial number by going to Settings –> General –> About –> Serial Number in your phone’s settings.
(1) Click the Settings on your iPhone.
(2) Select on the General option.
(3) Select “About” from the General check menu.
(4) The serial number of your iPhone will now be displayed. Make a note of it.
Find iPhone’s age using Apple’s Check Coverage
At this stage, you got the serial number. Let’s find out the age,
(1) On your iPhone or Computer, go to Apple’s Verify Coverage website checkcoverage.apple.com
(2) Visit the serial number on the specified place and enter the CAPTCHA. To continue, simply click the Continue button.
(3) On the next screen, you will get the information of your iPhone. Under the Repairs and Service Coverage, you will discover the Estimated Expiration Date. Apple offers service coverages for one-year. The iPhone’s age can be deduced from the date.
If you are utilizing your iPhone for more than a year, the Expected Expiration Date won’t appear, in that case, you can go for the Cheaper Klantenservice method.
Find iPhone’s age using Using Apple Support App
To contact Apple customer service about bugs, you can use the Apple Support app. If you’re curious about the age of your iPhone, this app can help you out. Strangely, the Apple Support app is not pre-installed on your iPhone. It’s available only through the Apple App Store.
(1) Use your iPhone’s Apple Support app to get help.
(2) Click on the View Device Info button.
(3) If your iPhone is less than one year old, you will get an expired date under the Coverage Info.
(4) Using that date, you may find the age of your iPhone.
(5) If there is no date displaying on the Coverage Info, you need to use the next method.
Find iPhone’s age using Chipmunk Klantenservice
Chipmunk Klantenservice is a 3rd tool to find the age on your iPhone. It also needs the serial number.
(1) On your browser, go to Chipmunk site www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel
(2) Click the Show the information button and enter the serial number in the appropriate box.
You’ll find all of your iPhone’s information if you scroll to the bottom of the page and look there. Note down the Production year and Production week. The age of your iPhone can be easily deduced using this method.
The SNDeepInfo website can be used in the same method as the Chipmunk Klantenservice approach to determine the age of your iPhone. In fact, you will get more detailed information on your iPhone’s age. Other details include the model age, year of manufacture, and the colour of the iPhone. Go to the SNDeepInfo website and enter the serial number of your iPhone to get the information.
The Simplest Method
As the above two methods demand the internet to find your iPhone’s age, this easy method can be used to find your iPhone’s age instantly.
By only checking the serial number of your iPhone, one may find its age. Serial numbers are a combination of letters and numbers that serve to identify the date, time, location, and model number of a product.
Serial numbers are up to 12 characters long, the fourth of which should be noted with care..
K – 2013 (First Half)
L – 2013 (Second Half)
M – 2014 (First Half)
N – 2014 (Second Half)
P- 2015 (First Half)
Q- 2015 (Second Half)
R- 2016 (First Half)
S- 2016 (Second Half)
T- 2017 (First Half)
V- 2017 (Second Half)
W- 2018 (First Half)
X- 2018 (Second Half)
Y- 2019 (First Half)
Z – 2019 (First Half)
D – 2020 (Second Half)
With this, you may obtain the answer for when was my iPhone made and activated. This performed perfectly on our iPhones when we tested it. The 4th character method is not acceptable for iPhones that are launched after 2022..
You can also use the search option on your mails to verify whether you had received any soft copy of the bill from where you had bought your iPhone. As finding the hard copy of your iPhone’s buying bill may not be possible.
These are the strategies that you can are using to find the age of your iPhone. Try it with your iPhone’s serial number and know the precise age of your iPhone. Selling or exchanging your iPhone? Use this information to your advantage.