It’s common for professionals, businesses, and even government agencies to view virtual data rooms as little more than secure document data spaces. Virtual data data (VDRs) are more than just another online storage room, despite the fact that data storage is a key feature of this type of programme.
The digital deal room, also known as an electronic data room, combines the functions of a secure virtual workplace, a data repository, and a meeting venue. A virtual data room is a type of commercial software that has rapidly grown in use and sophistication in recent rooms. Data rooms include several useful aspects that you may not be aware of, like data security, document management, collaboration, and deal-making.
Read on if you wish to explore untold features of virtual data room software.
Top virtual data room features in 2022
There are many different types of digital data room features. Here are some of them.
- Private messaging. As a user of a data room, you can send and receive private messages from other users. You can share files such as papers, photos, videos, and audio notes. Private conversations are encrypted end-to-end.
- Group dialogue. By sharing a message or question in the data room, any user can initiate a discussion thread. Other participants might contribute by sharing their views and opinions. Group conversations are extremely beneficial during brainstorming sessions.
- Online polls. Voting on online polls is a terrific way to obtain people’s thoughts. A member may create a poll and invite other users to respond. Polls are useful for determining the acceptance or rejection of an idea or proposal.
- Live Q&A sessions. Live Q&A sessions assist in answering the questions of interested parties in real time. For instance, if a user shares a proposal, other users can pose questions in live-time Q&A sessions.
- Conferencing via audio and video. By utilising online meeting capabilities, users of a virtual data room can discuss urgent or critical business matters. The software of a digital data room enables audio and video meetings. Depending on your VDR service provider, you can invite up to 100 users to the meeting.
2. Electronic data room accessibility features
- Access to multiple devices. All regularly used devices, including PCs, laptops, mobile phones, and tablets, can access virtual data rooms.
- Support for multiple operating systems. Most well-known data rooms support a variety of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, and Blackberry.
- Support for multiple languages. Language barriers have been reduced by modern virtual data room providers. Data room services now support a multiple range of languages, including French, German, Chinese, and English.
- User interface and dedicated mobile apps. Mobile phones are used by modern customers more than any other technology item. As a result, service providers develop dedicated and simple-to-use mobile apps.
- There are no plug-ins required. High-quality virtual data rooms are full-fledged business applications that do not require any additional plug-ins.
- Integration of third-party apps. You can also incorporate third-party apps into your virtual data room, such as Slack, Zoom, Microsoft products (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel), and so on. However, connecting third-party apps may jeopardise the security of your VDR.
- Personalized website. You can get your own brandable website for your business.
3. Document management and security features
- Document access control. Administrators can establish the roles, responsibilities, and authorities of users in a virtual data room. The administration can restrict user access to particular files, documents, pages, or areas of the VDR. Administration and users can also restrict document downloading, editing, and printing. Intelligence document capability
- Bulk uploads. As virtual data rooms are time-saving technologies, multiple files can be uploaded simultaneously.
- Drag-n-drop. Instead of searching for a file in directories, you may just drag and drop the file to easily upload it to the data room programme.
- Multi-format file support. You can upload audio, video, photos, and documents in a variety of file formats, including PDF, JPEG, PNG, and Word file.
- Secure document viewer. With virtual data rooms, no additional document viewing software is required. Some data rooms convert any document format to PDF for your convenience, whilst VDRs feature built-in document viewers.
- “Fence view” mode. The Fence View mode prevents screen recording, scanning, photographing, and screenshots, so ensuring the highest level of document protection.
- Digital watermarks. Digital watermarks are an excellent tool for tracing any modifications made to a file or document. It allows you to track who modified what and when, thus preventing copyright violations.
- 256-bit AES SSL encryption. Modern high-end virtual data rooms employ 256-bit encryption (the highest standard data encryption) that provides protection during data sharing and storage.Learn about encrypted filesharing at Here
- Virus detection. For protection against harmful files, data rooms use cutting-edge anti-virus software. When a file is uploaded to the VDR, it is examined, and corrupted files are removed instantly.
- Documents that self-destruct. Administrators of data rooms or file creators can remove document access at any time and with little notice. When the document’s access is revoked, it is automatically erased from the device.
4. Virtual data room security features
- Multi-step authorisation. When logging in from a new device, users of data rooms must complete a series of authentication steps. This step ensures that a device or user’s information is not compromised.
- Two-factor verification. Two-factor verification resembles an admission checkpoint. Users of a dataroom are required to log in using their passwords and codes supplied to their email addresses or mobile phones.
- Non-disclosure agreements (NDAs). Non-disclosure agreements, often known as NDAs, are utilised during transactions with third parties and the addition of a new user to the virtual data room. NDAs are legally enforceable documents, and if the user violates the terms and conditions outlined in the NDA, they can be sued in court. Virtual data rooms have NDA templates built in (customizable).