Kodi, formerly known as XBMC, is a free and open-source media player that lets you to watch something on your device. On your devices, you may watch the latest movies, TV shows, anime, live TV channels, sports videos, and much more. It’s incredibly easy to have fast access to all kinds of media content on your smartphone/tablet or PC with the support of addons and a standard internet connection. To improve your streaming experience, install Kodi on your Smart TV instead of using your smartphone or desktop pc. But, if your smart TV does not operate on Android OS, you will be unable to install Kodi app. So, how do you watch Kodi on your TV? Google Chromecast is the finest and easiest way to stream Kodi to your TV. Chromecasting Kodi to your TV is simple.
Chromecast is a small streaming device created by Google that lets you to stream video from your phone or smartphone to larger TV screens. By following the steps outlined below, you may simply Chromecast Kodi to your TV.
How to Chromecast Kodi Media Player to TV 
In this article, you can know about kodi app here are the details below;
How to Install Kodi 19.0 on Chromecast
Actually, you can’t use Chromecast to install Kodi. You may use Chromecast to cast Kodi from your smartphone, tablet, or pc. Unlike Youtube, you can’t merely select the Transmit icon to cast content from Kodi to your Chromecast.
You may Chromecast Kodi content to your TV in two ways. The first method is to use the Kodi app on an Android phone or tablet, and the second method is to use Kodi on a Windows desktop or laptop.
At the same time, Kodi cannot be streamed from an iPhone or iPad due to Apple’s strict restrictions. You can’t cast Kodi content until you jailbreak your iPhone if you’re an iOS user.
- To use an Android device to Chromecast Kodi
- To use a Windows PC/Laptop to Chromecast Kodi
How to Chromecast Kodi 19.0 using an Android Device
Kodi for Android currently lacks a created feature to cast its content. To cast Kodi, you must mirror the complete screen of your Android mobile.
(1) Join the same Wi-Fi network as your Android device and Chromecast.
(2) On your Android device, download and install the Kodi app. Kodi is now available on the Google Play Store for Android devices.
(3) Launch Kodi and set up the addons to stream the content.
(4) Minimize the app and go to the Settings menu on your device.
(5) Look for and locate the cast menu. The cast option is usually found under Bluetooth & device connection on most devices.
(6) Choose a Cast.
(7) The Chromecast device name will appear on the screen if both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
(8) Selecting the Chromecast device will replicate your device on the Chromecast-connected TV screen.
(9) Select “Start Now” from the check menu.
(10) Open the Kodi app and stream the contents when your device screen has been mirrored on the TV.
(11) The content that you streamed to your tv will display on your tv.
How to Chromecast Kodi 19.0 using a Windows PC/Laptop
The Windows version of Kodi, like the prior way, does not include an inbuilt cast icon. With the help of a Chrome browser, you may easily cast it.
The only disadvantage of these methods is that you must use the computer to play or pause the video.
(1) Join the same Wifi connection as your Windows and Chromecast.
(2) On your Desktop pc, download and install the Chrome browser.
(3) Go to the Cast menu by right-clicking anywhere on the Chrome screen.
(4) The device will look for other Wi-Fi devices that are connected to the same network.
(5) The name of your Chromecast device will be displayed on the screen.
(6) Select Cast desktop from the source tab.
(7) You will be prompted to provide permission for the complete screen to be shared. Select the screen and then choose Share from the check box.
(8) The screen of your Windows device will appear on the TV. Open the Kodi software now and stream live the video you want to cast.
(9) The selected content will be streamed on the TV’s larger screen.
One may easily Chromecast Kodi from PC to tv an smartphone using the localcast app.
The localcast app is now available for download on the Google Play Store.
(1) Download the following files to your Android device:
ES File Explorer app
(2) Go to Settings > Display Settings in ES File Explorer.
(3) Select the box next to “Show hidden files” from the check menu.
(4) Go to the home screen and browse to the location where the XML file was downloaded.
(5) Copy and paste the file into the following folder:
Android > Data > org.xbmc.kodi > files > .Kodi > userdata > paste the XML file.
(6) Now launch the Kodi app and go to the media you wish to watch.
(7) Kodi will launch the localcast software on your screen automatically.
(8) Choose your Chromecast device, and your media will be streamed to your tv.
Users should be aware that some Kodi addons are known for streaming copy-righted content, and your real Ip will be exposed simply while streaming those contents. As a result, you must rely on a reliable VPN to protect your data.